THE REAL EASY BOOK - VOL. 3
More Real Easy Books
List of Songs
What is the job of all jazz educators?
- To expose their kids to the wide world of jazz
- To help them to enjoy learning how to improvise
- To help them discover the particular kind of jazz that will inspire them the
This fake book/history text will help you do that more than any other single
Easy, but classic, jazz tunes from all eras and
styles of jazz!
- Trad Jazz
- The Swing Era
- Classic Bebop
- West Coast Jazz
- The Blue Note Era
- Contemporary Jazz
- “Groove” Jazz
- Afro-Cuban and Brazilian Jazz
History text in front of each section
describes each era and its musical innovations. These short histories of each style of
jazz really give the flavor of each era, as well as a discussion of the contributions of each one to the evolution of the music.
Educational material - Page 2 of each tune
includes all the things a band director might need to write out for their students:
- Scales for Soloing
- Piano Voicings
- Complete chorus of a Sample Bass Line
- Guitar Diagrams, etc.
Educational material developed in conjunction with Stanford Jazz Workshop. It works!
- Each era includes both beginning and intermediate level tunes.
- Features 5-10 tunes from each historical era of jazz. The wide variety of styles
included means that every jazz combo will be able to find exactly the material that fits
- Separate horn harmonies parts for some of the Trad Jazz tunes (to give that authentic
- Many extras — like sample drum grooves, sample comping patterns, Mark Levine
essay on scales and chords, complete discography, great photos,etc.
- Tune selection includes a generous helping of “non-swing” tunes to help
younger players gain a foothold into jazz.
The end result is a multi-dimensional teaching tool
that will keep band directors and their students smiling all year long!
Price - $25.00
Item - AL138